Monday, December 17, 2012

Quizlet



This is a site my students love to use. There is no need to buy index cards or flash cards anymore. All you have to do is use this site. Some students create their own , but many have been created already for particular book series.

I like to present all vocabulary in the target language, but this site does help my students in French 1. Once we have started the vocabulary, I go to quizlet and search for the chapter we are doing. I enable the sound and pick a student to come to the smart board. I place that student in charge of advancing the cards. Students must repeat the word…and the pronunciation in not horrible on the site.  This gives me a chance to go around and check homework and take attendance. Also, the students LOVE being the person at the white board controlling the cards.

Once they are finished, I can continue my lesson and use the target language knowing that some students might have a better understanding of what I am saying because of this site. I also know, many use it at home to review for a test. They even can print out a list of the vocabulary.

I do not assess my students matching or listing vocabulary on a test or quiz, but I like fill in the blanks and ask questions using the vocabulary. At first I did not like the site because it was just a list of vocabulary, but using it more, I see it does help them with the fill in’s and questions.  I see that my students have a better comprehension of their vocabulary and use it more. So I strongly recommend this site.

No comments:

Post a Comment