Tuesday, December 4, 2012

makebeliefcomix.com

Makebeliefcomix.com is a great way of introducing comics into a language class. I first used another site years ago with a family project, but after trying this site, I am ready to create a project where my students can have as much fun using it as I did.

The site allows any user to create a multi strip comics in English and a variety of languages.. There are a number of characters, emotions, thought bubbles,speaking balloons and background colors to choose from. Students can organize the characters on each strip and add text. They have some controls with regards to layout of the characters within the strip.

After adding the content to the comic the students have the option to print the final comic or email it. By using the print screen command on the keyboard the students can also paste the comic into word or PowerPoint for easy presentation.

No comments:

Post a Comment