Monday, December 17, 2012

My Webquest



It is much easier to type out the directions for a project and hand out a paper, but a webquest brings a project to life a little more. Students have easy access to the site, so they can’t say they lost the papers with the directions for the project. Also, it is colorful and you can add pictures and list websites that can be used for the project. It is a much better guide for the student to follow.

I received very nice comments about my webquest, but one person thought I should have placed a power point on the web quest as an example. Of course, I disagree because this project is for high school students in 10th or 11th grade, and they know how to create a power point. Also, I chose to use a power point because not only is this an art project but a speaking project. In the project I state that students must only use bullet points because they must discuss the art and artist. They can use note cards but they are no permitted to stand in the front of the room and just read their cards. The slides are a guide.

I do think I could list a few more sites on the webquest to guide for the students, but overall the webquest states exactly what I am looking for in the project and I am looking forward to using it in my class. I will be creating another webquest soon for my French 4 class on music in France.

No comments:

Post a Comment