Last week, we worked with Rosetta
Stone and I did not like the program at all. I chose Turkish and I thought it
was not clear. It seemed to basically to be talking flash cards. A person can learn some language, but they
must be motivated and willing to pay the very high price.
Yes, it is a way of gaining knowledge of the
language to achieve some intermediate level of proficiency but there is no way
a person will be able to achieve an advanced level of proficiency. I would hope that by using this program, a person would be motivated to start seeking
other methods and resources to learn the language. Additionally, I believe this is not a
substitute for having a real human being to talk to and practice the language. From what I understand, Rosetta Stone offers
no real world exposure to the language.
Thus, I feel the result from using
Rosetta Stone is that people might be able to understand certain words or
expressions, but will not be able to engage in conversation. So, this might be
good to gain some background knowledge, but nothing is better than being in the
classroom!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment