Monday, October 22, 2012

teachers who don't use technology

Today, during our inservice, we were presented with a possible new grading system online. The full time French teacher, who has been teaching for 30 years, was so upset. She claims she just learned the one the school has been using for a few years. She hates technology. She does have white boards or Smart Board. She has a projector and only uses it in homeroom for the news in the morning. She is content with her chalk and black board. She has no desire to learn how to do anything and claims she is scared of technology.

What is worse is that my students from last year, who know how much I like technology, are bored stiff. On the first day they asked her if the book was online. She said no and said to go ask me how to do it. This year I have students that she had for 3 years, and they thrilled that I have brought the language and culture into the class. It just seems that technology and Education work hand in hand. My school is a true believer that we must enhance our use of technology in all subject areas. We have begun an IPad program and looking to go all MAC in the future.

Education is always changing and as a teacher I feel that it is important to keep up with it. I never want to become like the French Teacher mentioned above. If I can't keep up, maybe it will be the time for me to retire.

No comments:

Post a Comment