Monday, October 8, 2012
Kahn Academy
I was happy that we looked at Khan Academy in class. I remember watching it for the first time on 60 minutes. I was amazed how this Mr. Khan had started by helping one person and it has now become a collection of videos to educate students. I do not believe that his lessons could replace teachers, but be used as a review of specific topics. For example, students who need help in math, could use the videos to reinforce a topic. What the videos do not offer are and engaging lesson. Engagement in the classroom is key to help students grasp concepts and understand better. I can watch videos on You Tube on how to do something, but I use it more to gather additional information. I rather be able to ask questions. Lesson should be engaging, not just somebody talking at you.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment